The most important technological event of the year, the Mobile World Congress, arrives in Barcelona next week from the 25 to the 28 of February. This event brings many visitors from all over the world to the city. The city sees its number of inhabitants increased overnight, which brings numerous problems when it comes to finding accommodation, and especially when it comes to moving around the city. We are specialist on finding the best place for you to stay, in case you do not have any do not trust yourself and book now!
To avoid traffic jams, stress and bad experiences it is best to plan how to get to the Mobile World Congress. First of all, you should know that the event takes place in two different locations:
- Fira de Montjuic
- Fira de Gran Via
Although both enclosures are very close to each other, the distance that separates them would take you around 40 minutes on foot; so the first thing you must do is to be very clear about the agenda you want to follow during the event and to inform yourself well of which venue each conference or activity is held.
How to get to the Mobile World Congress – MWC Barcelona 2019
How to get to the Fira de Montjuic
The Fira de Montjuic is located in one of the most popular squares in Barcelona, the Plaza de España. The best thing about this location is its location that has public transport as well as great arteries of the city that flows into this square. Here are the different transportation options to get to the Mobile World Congress at the Fira de Montjuic:
- Metro: To get here you can choose line 3 (green) and line 1 (red). The stop will be Espanya.
- FFCC: The Catalan railway network also reaches here: Lines S8, S33, R6, R5, S4 (station “Espanya”)
- Bus: TMB lines: D20, H12, V7, 9, 13, 27, 37, 50, 65, 79, 91, 109, 150, 165
- Car: The road is connected to the major roads such as AP-7, AP-2, A-2, C-16, C-58, C-31, C-32, C-33. However, at this time the streets around the Fira are collapsing, being almost impossible to advance by road and even more difficult to find parking in the vicinity.
How to get to Fira de Gran Via
The Fira de Gran Vía is located in Hospitalet, a town near Barcelona. Although it is very close to the city of Barcelona and the Fira de Montjuic, the mobility options will be smaller, but it will still have a large public transport system. The best option to get to the Fira de Gran Via is by metro using the L9 line that unites the Prat airport with Barcelona and directly to the Fira. Other good alternatives, like the train, to get here are:
- Metro: Line L9 will take you from the airport, or the university area to the Fira de Gran Via itself.
- FFCC: The Catalan railway network (FGC) arrives here: Lines S8, S33, R6, R5, S4 (“Europa / Fira” station).
- Bus: TMB lines: 72 and 79
- Car: The Gran Via site is located in an area of business development, which is connected to the main roads such as motorways and highways to Barcelona: AP-7, AP-2, A-2, C-16, C-58, C-31, C-32, C-33. As with the Fira de Montjuic, the traffic during the MWC is usually quite dense and may take hours to travel a few kilometers. To avoid traffic jams, we recommend leaving the car parked and opting for public transport.
How to get from Fira Gran Via to Fira Montjuïc
Although both enclosures are close to each other, it would take you an average of 40 minutes to make the journey on foot. The most used transport options are:
- Bus: Line 79 of TMB
- Ferrocarrils de la Generalitat de Catalunya (FGC): All the lines that run through the “Europa / Fira” station end their route at the “Espanya” station, next to the Montjuïc site.
One of the most important technological events not only in Spain but in the world brings together almost 100,000 professionals from the sector. With almost 100,000 more people in Barcelona, the city suffers its effects. For this, good planning, both accommodation, and transportation will help you get the most out of this event and especially to reduce the stress of a fair of these characteristics.
In case you need to plan your private transfers, use our concierge service…
In case you still do not have were to stay I recommend you our best options